[lcdproc] Backlight

  • From: hardwire AT info2000.net (hardwire)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Backlight
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 07:30:06 +0000

Even though the backlite is rated for a long time.. some people might
want to use EL-Backlited lcds.. And some just do not want there to be a
green glow when they sleep...

I have a solution I think.. if somebody(Scott,Will,THE WORLD!) is smart
enough to code it (I know little C under linux) to peek at
"stdout/stdin" and "stderr" then give that a timeout.. if no std* action
happens for 5 minutes turn off the backlite....

That would solve the idle problem, user's not logged on problem, RC5
problem, and sleeping problems.. I think

Remember I know jack about this sort of thing. Anyhoot..

Shane Spencer