[lcdproc] LCD in floppy panel?

  • From: jde AT binarts.com (Joel D. Elkins)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCD in floppy panel?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:37:51 -0500

On Wed, Jun 24, 1998 at 11:23:51AM -0500, Mark Bishop wrote:

> I wonder how hard it would be to design a build a mount that attaches to
> the monitor. :P

Seems then hardly better than xload or wm* apps (except of course much cooler
given the technology at work). The real value of the setup would be remote
monitoring. How long can a serial cable be without critical signal
degradation? I would personally like to build some type of wireless connection
between the machine and the lcd. Maybe IRDA? That would be kewl, except for
the 1-3 meter distance limit. I can imagine pointing a handheld LCD enclosure
at a rack of machines to quickly grok each one's vital stats.

--
Joel D. Elkins
Binary Arts, Inc.