[lcdproc] LCD in floppy panel?

  • From: Mark Bishop <mark AT bish.net> (Mark Bishop)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCD in floppy panel?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 11:09:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Sune Stjerneby wrote:

> Joachim Schaaf wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I like the lcdproc stuff and thought of placing the display in the front
> > of my computer. Anyone tried to put in the floppy front panel (5 1/4 ")
> > ? Or other solutions?
>
> I've successfully mounted the LCD2041 like this:
>
> +-----------+
> |5.25" plate|
> +-+-------+-+
> | LCD |
> +-+-------+-+
> |5.25" plate|
> +-----------+
>
> Although this leaves two gaps of ~ 2 cm on each side (which can be
> fixed), it's probably the easiest way around.
>
> No drilling was involved - Simply glued four small bolts, two on each
> plate, and screwed the LCD on.
>
> Only problem was cable length, but this is being worked on.

I just took two 5.25 plates and beveled a rectangle out of each one and
put
the two pieces together like this:

+-----------+
|5.25" plate|
| ------- |
+-| |-+
|5.25" plate|

| Mark Bishop
(mark AT bish.net)
| Computer Engineering Senior |
| 618.529.5760 | Southern Illinois University |
| http://bish.net | TCT Systems Manager |