[lcdproc] LCD in floppy panel?

  • From: stjerneby AT usa.net (Sune Stjerneby)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] LCD in floppy panel?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:31:40 +0200

Joachim Schaaf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I like the lcdproc stuff and thought of placing the display in the front
> of my computer. Anyone tried to put in the floppy front panel (5 1/4 ")
> ? Or other solutions?

I've successfully mounted the LCD2041 like this:

+-----------+
|5.25" plate|
+-+-------+-+
| LCD |
+-+-------+-+
|5.25" plate|

Although this leaves two gaps of ~ 2 cm on each side (which can be
fixed), it's probably the easiest way around.

No drilling was involved - Simply glued four small bolts, two on each
plate, and screwed the LCD on.

Only problem was cable length, but this is being worked on.

--
//bwulf - Sune Stjerneby
<stjerneby AT usa.net>