[lcdproc] Backlight Shutdown Bug V0.3.3

  • From: scriven AT CS.ColoState.EDU (ToyKeeper)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Backlight Shutdown Bug V0.3.3
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:10:59 -0600

Chris Smith wrote:
> I Hate these moments, but I've found that with the box doing nothing
> at all (idle at 100%, load zero etc) and you do the following
> then as soon as the load meter is displayed, the backlight
> switches off. This is definately to do with the backlight
> flash code, but I can't see what triggers it - When the machine
> is under some load, it appears fine.

I know people have already replied, but yes, this is a "feature". It
shuts off when the machine is "asleep", and blinks when the machine has
a high load.

In v0.3.4, the backlight behavior is configurable. To make it stay on
all the time, set LOAD_MIN to -1 in the makefile.

V0.3.4 should be out as soon as I have a working motherboard (tomorrow,
probably).

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~ Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

mailto:scriven AT CS.ColoState.edu

(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |