[lcdproc] Backlight Shutdown Bug V0.3.3

  • From: edwalter AT iname.com (Erv Walter)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Backlight Shutdown Bug V0.3.3
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 07:57:30 -0500

On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 11:28:34AM +0100, Chris Smith wrote:
> > Hmmm.... Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a feature, not a bug :-)
> > I didn't take a look at the 0.3.3 code, but in 0.3.2 there was a line
> that
> > told the backlight
> > to turn off when the load is below 0.1 or something like this....
>
> Okay. But it doesn't do it if you just type lcdproc and don't specify
> any modes or contrast setting and it doesn't do it if you're not
> displaying the Load meter (that latter I'll forgive it for as it assumes
> that you're not interested in the load anbd doesn't check it anyway).

It works like this. It is a feature of the XLoad mode. If you don't
have the XLoad mode, it won't happen. The XLoad mode turns the
backlight off if the xload screen is completely blank. That means
that all the displayed load bars must be below a certain level (0.05?)
and not just the current load.

I just tested it and it does still do it if you do 'lcdproc' by
itself. Perhaps when you were trying it, it was generating some short
lived load that was keeping the light on. You have to wait until that
blip moves all the way accross and off the screen to the left.

Erv

--
Graduate Student
edwalter AT iname.com

ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!! ... Tension breaker, had to be done.
-- tagline 1.00 by xopy