[lcdproc] Backlight Shutdown Bug V0.3.3

  • From: csmith AT orctel.co.uk (Chris Smith)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Backlight Shutdown Bug V0.3.3
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:28:34 +0100

> From: Stephan Wentz
> <ai091 AT advm2.GM.FH-Koeln.DE>
> To:
> lcdproc AT lists.omnipotent.net
> Subject: Re: [lcdproc] Backlight Shutdown Bug V0.3.3
> Date: 23 June 1998 11:04
>

> Hmmm.... Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a feature, not a bug :-)
> I didn't take a look at the 0.3.3 code, but in 0.3.2 there was a line
that
> told the backlight
> to turn off when the load is below 0.1 or something like this....

Okay. But it doesn't do it if you just type lcdproc and don't specify
any modes or contrast setting and it doesn't do it if you're not
displaying the Load meter (that latter I'll forgive it for as it assumes
that you're not interested in the load anbd doesn't check it anyway).

That's why I considered it a bug...

Chris.