[lcdproc] Backlight Shutdown Bug V0.3.3

  • From: lee AT mbtuk.demon.co.uk (Lee Shakespeare)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Backlight Shutdown Bug V0.3.3
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:22:32 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Chris Smith wrote:

> I Hate these moments, but I've found that with the box doing nothing
> at all (idle at 100%, load zero etc) and you do the following
> then as soon as the load meter is displayed, the backlight
> switches off. This is definately to do with the backlight
> flash code, but I can't see what triggers it - When the machine
> is under some load, it appears fine.

Hiya Chris.

I'm glad that your display arrived OK. :) The situation that you
discribed above confused me too for a little while, then I remembered that
it's actually meant to do this. If I recall correctly, the load meter
mode will turn off the backlight if the load is at 0, and will flash the
backlight if the load is above 1. Check out the mailing list archives for
the exact details. Perhaps a little note in the readme file might lead to
less confusion?

Regards,
Lee.