[lcdproc] Perl Module

  • From: scriven AT CS.ColoState.edu (Toy Keeper)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Perl Module
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:45:44 -0600

Sam Phillips wrote:
> I've been thinking that it might be nifty to have a perl module that
> uses some lcdproc internal calls to directly talk to the lcd from perl,
> thus making the lcd display open to anybody with simple perl knowledge
> to use it.

This should be entirely possible once we get sockets implemented. :)
We're planning to add an interface for taking commands from external
programs. The details of this aren't completed, but you should be able
to access most of the functions in the LCD driver (text, backlight,
bargraphs, etc...), and send it sequencing / timing commands. And, of
course, it will allow input similar to what you'd give it from a keypad.

We'll make sure to document all of this once it's ready.. :)

( \/ ( \/ (__ (__ ) | ~ Scott Scriven (Toy Keeper / XYZZ) |
mailto:toykeeper AT cheerful.com

mailto:scriven AT CS.ColoState.edu

(_/\_(_/ (___(___) | http://www.vis.colostate.edu/~scriven/ |