[lcdproc] Perl Module

  • From: sphillips AT inetworld.com (Sam Phillips)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] Perl Module
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 23:36:50 -0700

I've been thinking that it might be nifty to have a perl module that
uses some lcdproc internal calls to directly talk to the lcd from perl,
thus making the lcd display open to anybody with simple perl knowledge
to use it.

For example here's what a simple perl script could look like:

use LCD;

# tied filehandle
open (LCD);
print LCD "Hello World!";
close (LCD);

I'm currently mucking through the lcdproc code, and soon hope to have a
display to play with this on.

mmmmm hacking....

Anyhow enough of my pointless blathering.

-Sam