[lcdproc] rc5 stats

  • From: choadster AT earthlink.net (William W. Ferrell)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] rc5 stats
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:29:33 GMT

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:19:54 -0500, the chunks you blew at me arranged
themselves thusly:

>Oh, BTW, yesterday I started working on a way to show your personal RC5
>stats on the lcd for anyone who is running an RC5 client.

Cool!

>Since the
>stats on the website only update once per day, you really only need to
>run the stat-checker once a day, and I suppose write to a file. Then
>lcdproc could pick up the info from the file. I'm just wondering what
>would be the best way to do this?

Nifty ... (see below)

>Right now, I can think of two ways. One way is to basically make a
>little screen dump of what you want on the lcd, and then just have
>lcdproc read in the file and display it. The other way is to just put
>the data in the file and have lcdproc generate the screen.
>
>Any suggestions?

I'd think getting the raw data to LCDproc and building a new mode screen =
(that
seems to be what I've decided to call them now ;) to generate a =
good-looking
screen from the raw data.

Chuck the code our way when you get it working and we'll get a new mode =
screen
into LCDproc for you! (With credit, of course ;)

I still need to do that credits page on the web site, too :) People who =
want
credit for something (involved with LCDproc, not credit to buy things =
with :)
please give me a hollar! I think I've got everyone, but don't let me miss=
one
of you!
Please reply to
choadster AT earthlink.net.
Reply-to field
set accordingly.

William W. Ferrell is not an employee of Hewlett-Packard.
The opinions expressed in this message are not necessarily those of
Hewlett-Packard, its employees, stockholders, or coffee-makers.
Should you find something in this message offensive, strike
yourself about the head with a billiard cue ball repeatedly,
until that not-so-fresh feeling goes away. Have a (nice) day.