[lcdproc] rc5 stats

  • From: dosowski0474 AT VAX2.WINONA.MSUS.EDU (Dale Osowski)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] rc5 stats
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:19:54 -0500

Oh, BTW, yesterday I started working on a way to show your personal RC5
stats on the lcd for anyone who is running an RC5 client. Since the
stats on the website only update once per day, you really only need to
run the stat-checker once a day, and I suppose write to a file. Then
lcdproc could pick up the info from the file. I'm just wondering what
would be the best way to do this?

Right now, I can think of two ways. One way is to basically make a
little screen dump of what you want on the lcd, and then just have
lcdproc read in the file and display it. The other way is to just put
the data in the file and have lcdproc generate the screen.

Any suggestions?

--
Dale Osowski
dosowski0474 AT vax2.winona.msus.edu