[lcdproc] RE: Power - 7805 differences

  • From: dosowski0474 AT VAX2.WINONA.MSUS.EDU (Dale Osowski)
  • Subject: [lcdproc] RE: Power - 7805 differences
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:17:03 -0500

Chris Smith wrote:

> I've just looked it up, and the difference between 7805 78L05 and 78M05
> is just the amount of current the devices can source.
> i.e. 'not very much', 100mA, 500mA respectively.
>
> The LCD display requires > 100mA to run, and so the 78M05 is required.
>
> Finally an answer!

Ok, cool. 78M05 it is. Now I just need to see if I can find it
locally. Maybe they have one where I sometimes work.

Thanks to everyone on the list. I'm just glad that I don't have my LCD
yet. Without knowing about the need for a regulator, I probably would
have hooked it up and fried it.

--
Dale Osowski
dosowski0474 AT vax2.winona.msus.edu